Why Staying Away From Our Parents and Kids Is So Very Scary?

We are in this world because of our parents and our kids are in this world because of us.

So there is no reason for our parents and kids not to mean so much to us. In fact, our parents and kids should mean everything to us!

Our affection for our parents and kids is completely unconditional. If something hurts them it hurts us too. This also creates an emotional weakness in us when dealing with our parents and kids.

Though staying away from our parents and kids, maybe in another city, can lead to stronger emotional bond with them the thought of living away from them is a very scary one.

Following thoughts come to the mind:
  • I'll not be around to see my kids grow up
  • I'll not be around when my kids are sick
  • I'll not be around to comfort my wife when she needs me
  • I'll not be around in case my parents pass away suddenly
  • I'll not be around on my kid's birthdays
  • I'll not be around on important family occasions
  • I'll not be around to celebrate festivals with them
  • I''ll not be around to comfort my son when he cries for me
  • I'll not be around to embrace my son and hold him in my arms
  • I'll not be around to touch and caress the cheeks and hands of my son
  • I'll not get home-cooked food
  • I'll not get clean shirts and trousers every morning
  • I'll not get to talk to my wife, parents and kids when I reach home
  • I'll not get the needed love and care when I fall sick
Then should you stay away from them? The answer is - no you shouldn't.

However, at times, life puts you in a strange situation where you have no choice but to stay away.

The decision to stay away is indeed a very tough one.

Staying away is scary, for sure.

At the same time, staying with your parents and kids but being in a situation that lowers your self-respect is equally or may be even more scary.

You may be handling shit in your current situation and handling shit is what you would continue to do if you don't move out of that, and that too as fast as you can.

Staying away is scary, for sure. At times, though, you have no choice. Those are really bad times.

All of us have our share of bad times. And bad times can come back again and again.

That's life. Good people are made to suffer. Bad people prosper, they get promoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment