Killing Our Ego

Killing our ego is the secret to happiness.


And one of the best ways to achieve the state of "killed ego" is to follow the famous Sanskrit Shloka on self-less service.

This is explained in further detail in the blog post "Karmanya Vadhikaraste Maa Phaleshu Kadacha".

Unfortunately our own ego comes in the way of killing the ego.

Questions like "why me?" or "why not me?" tend to arise in our minds very often.

These questions give rise to the feeling that:
  • I am somehow different
  • I am better than others
  • I am special and unique
  • I am here to do something great

We tend to forget that in the end the entire life of a person is nothing.

It can, at best, become a chapter or a footonote in some pages of history books or a dedicated page or some pages on Wikipedia.

This is summed up succintly in the blog post Reduced to One Page of Wikipedia.

The efforts and achievement of a person is meant to become that one page.

The moment one kills the ego life becomes simple.

Then thoughts like "good, it’s me" or "great, it’s not me" assume significance.

Achieving or becoming something in life becomes immaterial.

No comments:

Post a Comment