Visit to IITF 2009 at Pragati Maidan

Last year I took my family to the Trade Fair (IITF 2009) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi (26th year of the Trade Fair). As is customary, this fair is organized for 2 weeks - starting from 14th Nov (celebrated in India as Children's Day to mark the Birth Anniversary of Jawaharlal Nehru) and running till 27th.

Reaching IITF Venue - Pragati Maidan

Pragati Maidan is situated at an excellent location - it's at a walking distance from many well-known places in Delhi like the India Gate, ITO, Delhi Zoo, Purana Qila (Old Fort) and Supreme Court of India.

Visiting the Pavilions

Since I had been to the various State Pavilions during my last few visits to the Trade Fair, I decided to give most of them a miss this time. I went only to two State Pavilions - Uttarakhand and Chhattisgarh. Thereafter I went to the Pavilion showcasing traditional handicrafts, decorative and eatable items like Pickles, Honey, Mouth Fresheners, Chips, etc.

Then, I went to the International Pavilion where there were Stalls from various Countries like Thailand, China, Afghanistan, Iran, etc. After that I went to the Pavilion displaying and selling Processed Foods like Pickles, Jams, Tea, Fruit Drinks and Goods and Gadgets like Microwave Utensils, Cutters, etc.

Overall Impression of IITF 2009

The visit to the Trade Fair was truly an entertaining and informative experience like it has always been in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment