Religious Spots in India

I have been very fortunate to have got opportunities to visit some of the famous religious places across the length and breadth of India. Here's a list of some of the places which I remember visiting since my childhood.

List of Some Major Temples and Temple Cities

I don't think this list is going to be complete the first time I attempt to create it. So I may have to extend this post several times in the future.
  • Maa Vaishno Devi Shrine (near Katra, Jammu & Kashmir) - This is one of the most revered goddesses in North India. The most famous city near to this shrine is Jammu. Incidentally, Jammu has many temples including the famous Raghunath Temple.
  • Kamakhya Temple (in Guwahati, Assam)
  • Tirumala Temple (near Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh) - This temple regarded as one of the richest (or is it the richest!) religious shrine in the whole world
  • Maa Sheetla Devi (in Gurgaon, Harayana) - Gurgaon is supposed to be the place where Guru Dronocharya (Mahabharat) mentored the Pandavas.
  • Akshardham Temple (in Delhi)
  • Dakshineshwar Temple (in Kolkata, West Bengal) - This temple is devoted to Maa Kaali

No comments:

Post a Comment