Moving to My Own Domain

After careful considerations of many factors which included the "money" involved with purchasing a domain and a hosted website, I finally went ahead and bit the bullet!

I purchased a domain which came along with a hosting package I bought from www.hostmonster.com. The domain name is my nickname that I have been using for quite sometime now.

I was maintaining four blogs on www.blogger.com and have moved them to my own domain. Just to make sure that the visitors to my existing blogs don't have any difficulty in reaching here I have posted about the move to this domain on all the four blogs.

The web platform I decided to use is TikiWiki. This decision came about after extensive trials of various web platforms like TikiWiki, Drupal, Joomla, MODx, BuddyPress and few more.

Tikiwiki provides a comprehensive platform that can be used to create web content of various types such as blogs, wikis, articles, forums, etc. I am currently using the blogs functionality and will soon start working on buildinjg wiki-style content. The admin console offered by TikiWiki seems quite easy to use. Especially for someone like me who doesn't want to get into the techie-mode for maintaining a website, it seems to be just the right solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment