Combined Business and Pleasure Trip in Delhi

Around Feb'10 this year I got an opportunity to have a combined business and pleasure trip in Delhi. This was a local trip so I went by my car. I took my family along so that they could also enjoy themselves.

Reaching Netaji Subhash Place in Pitampura

I had a business meeting in the afternoon for which I started around 10:00am. I had to go to the Netaji Subhash Place in Pitampura. This is an upcoming commercial hub in West Delhi, which is opposite to the Pitampura Dilli Haat and the Netaji Subhash Place Station of Delhi Metro.

We reached there half an hour before the scheduled time and had a walk of the entire area. After that I went for my business appointment and while I attended to it my family waited for me in a park outside the North Square Mall. This Mall also houses the Fun Cinemas (incidentally, the cinema hall was showing "My Name is Khan" starring the Delhi-boy who made it big in Bollywood, Shahrukh Khan)

Pitampura Dilli Haat

After I was through with my business meeting, I joined my family. We walked across the road and visited the Pitampura Dilli Haat (I found it to be bigger and better-designed than the original Dilli Haat opposite INA Market.) The famous landmark in this area, the Pitampura TV Tower, is just behind the Dilli Haat - we could see it so clearly when we reached the rear section of the Dilli Haat.

Fun Ride on Delhi Metro - to Rithala Station

On the spur of the moment, we decided to take a metro ride. The Delhi Metro has one of the lines running through this area. We walked across to the Netaji Subhash Place Station and boarded the "now so very famous" Delhi Metro. We went till Rithala which is the last station on the Rohini side. This line of Delhi Metro runs from Dilshad Garden till Rithala. On the way we passed Kohat Enclave, Pitampura, Rohini East and Rohini West. The ride by Delhi Metro is a superb experience - its fast, comfortable and safe as compared to the Blue Line buses or even one's own vehicle. The view of Delhi from the running train is simply amazing. Delhi is really so big and beautiful!

Fun Ride on Delhi Metro - Back to Netaji Subhash Place Station

Afer reaching Rithala, we took another Metro to come back to Netaji Subhash Place Station. After exiting from the station, we had a glass of Mausambi Juice, a slice of Paneer Hot Dog and a slice of Veg Sandwich each. It was so tasty and fulfilling. And finally, we walked back to the place where I had parked my car. I took the Ring Road again (I had used it to come to Netaji Subhash Place) and passed through the many Flyovers on the way in a jiffy.

Back from Netaji Subhash Place

The time spent at Netaji Subhash Place in Pitampura and the drive to and back was truly a wholesome fun and enjoyment for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment